Saturday, May 1, 2010

God is great, Beer is good, People are Crazy

Hi, thanks for stopping by my little blog. I figured I should start off by giving you a better idea of who I am since the about me section only lets me write a tiny amount. I am a 23 year old and I am just starting to see what the world has to give and what I can give it. Most of my life I have been a pessimist, always seeing things in a negative light. I think it is easy to be trapped in this mindset, because people naturally seem to see the negative. I struggled for many years thinking I am not good enough, or why do bad things always happen to me?! I felt like I was trapped and was never going to be the happy person I wanted to be.

Last fall as I was volunteering as a crisis counselor at a housing crisis center, I kept meeting people who seemed to have nothing, but somehow saw things in a more positive light then I did. It amazed me that they could keep a positive outlook amidst great hardship. Interacting with these awesome people made me realize that life may throw you hardships, but what matters is how you perceive them!
You see, Life is going to be hard, and people may not always come through for us, but we have the choice to see things in a positive light. Like the song says, "God is great, beer is good, people are crazy"! Moral of the story: Always count on the beer, it will come through for you, just kidding.


Life is Epic!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment